Monday, January 26, 2009


Beginnng the Lam Rim
Tonight at Jewel Heart, I began the Lam Rim, a teaching developed by Je Tsongkhapa in fifteenth century Tibet. Tsongkhapa is revered in part, for his accomplishment of capturing all of the lineages of Buddhist teaching in existence at that time, and synthesizing them into one coherent practice, with the goal of providing a path of guidance or instruction in all of the steps needed for spiritual development leading to full enlightenment. It takes a year, more or less. It might take me longer.
I saw my old friends Elliott and Margret there tonight, and several new people. On Wednesday as aforementioned, I begin the course in the Four Noble Truths, being led by Susie Kirchner. It is quite a bit shorter; 8 - 10 weeks.
DHL

Cedars in snow, Kirtland, Ohio - January 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment