Monday, January 5, 2009



I spent today at home in bed with a bad cold. It left me with very little to say. So I'm posting this photograph of Amasa Stone Chapel in University Circle, Cleveland. My wife and I were married at Amasa Stone Chapel in 1976. We're still together, perhaps to the astonishment of all. Amasa Stone was an early settler in the Western Reserve. The octagonal building to the left is Severance Hall, where the Cleveland Orchestra performs. John Severance, who paid for most of the Hall, was a 19th./20th. century plutocrat who did well for himself. The photograph was taken in January of 2004, toward dusk.

Is a picture really worth ten thousand words? Maybe. But I'm not waiting to find out; I'm going back to bed, after I finish watching the Ohio State v. University of Texas game. Hope you enjoy.

DHL

Image by: DHLarsen - Amasa Stone Chapel from Wade Park Lagoon
January, 2004 16 x 20

No comments:

Post a Comment