Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Snake!

I suppose it is just a bit pathetic to use your own blog to wish yourself happy birthday. My wife and all my old friends call me Snake, hence the card. What did I get for my birthday? A polo shirt and renewal of my New Yorker subscription from MJ, my wife, and a biography of Lincoln (by Ronald White) from Michael and Mia, my kids.

And what did I get you out there is blogland, to help me celebrate my birthday? Its going to be the Paul Simon Zimbabwe concert in 1987, featuring Miriam Makeba and Hugh Masekela. The music is mostly from Graceland:

Paul Simon - Concert Zimbabwe

The Boy in the Bubble



Township Jive (alt open)



Graceland



I Know What I Know



Call Me Al



Whispering Bells



With Hugh Masekela



Paul Simon - LadySmith Black Mambazo - 1



Paul Simon – Concert Zimbabwe - LadySmith Black Mambazo 2



Under African Skies – with Miriam Makeba



Diamonds On the Soles of Her Shoes



N’kosi Sikeleli Africa - Zimbabwe national anthem




Happy Birthday to all in Blogland, from your friend,



Ssssssssnake


No comments:

Post a Comment