Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2, 2009

Winter Clouds over Lake Erie - February 28, 2004 - 17 x 20







Tonight was my first Lamrim back after missing for 2 weeks running. It was a struggle to settle in, being out of sync with the group. I'll read the text during the week to catch up. Ironic, being behind in Buddhism, rushing to get with it...seems a bit unBuddhist, but oh well. Before my break, we were discussing the creation of sacred space, but I think I will do some reading before trying to write about anything.


Except maybe the weather. Cold as hell. High tonight of 11. Brrrrrrrrr. The photo above was taken a few years ago around sundown at the mouth of Euclid Creek. Over the weekend, I dropped my mother's 90th birthday gift off to her. Her actual birthday was last August, and I gave her a large view of Downtown Cleveland taken from Edgewater. But she didn't like the color and it was too big. So I exchanged it for something smaller. Now that i think about it, I guess I'll post them both. First the one she didn't like...
view from edgewater - 13 x 29

And now the one I exchanged it for, which she loved. North Chagrin Reservation; winter meadow - 7 x 20


So that turned out good.

DHL

No comments:

Post a Comment